Kani is Europe’s Leading Financial Services Start-up (awarded by the Emerging Payments Association) and one of the top 20 new technology companies in the UK according to TechNation. Providing Software as a Service (SaaS) to the rapidly growing Financial Technology (FinTech) market, & based in Newcastle upon Tyne, we are seeking a talented Business Intelligence (BI) Data Analyst to join our team.
Dev Ops Engineer
We are seeking a talented Dev Ops Engineer to join our team to shorten the systems development life cycle and provide continuous delivery with high software quality. You will be working with a team of engineers on a day to day basis and working closely with other members of the Kani Payments teams. You will need to understand other team members goals, and the goals and requirements of Kani Payments and plan accordingly. At the same time you will be working on longer term strategic initiatives, such as frameworks and technology that will increase quality and efficiency.
- • Permanent/Full-time
• Location – Home working and/or our Newcastle upon Tyne office
• Salary – Competitive, negotiable
You will be responsible for:
- • Working closely with the development teams to enable continuous forward movement and integration.
• Contributing to the design, build, and operational management of a highly scalable, secure, and available Azure Cloud hosted SaaS platforms.
• Working towards reducing or removing bottlenecks and inefficiencies in the SaaS ecosystem.
• Staying up to speed on emerging development techniques and technologies, and suggesting improvements to our development stack
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- The person filling this role will have:
• Experienced in Azure Cloud and Azure DevOps
• Strong engineering skills
• Strong analytical and time management skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Self-motivated and able to handle tasks with minimal supervision
It’s not essential but would help if you have
- • Experience working within a start-up
• .Net knowledge
• Experience working within the payments industry
SALARY AND BENEFITS
- • Competitive, negotiable – depending on experience
• 25 days annual leave
• Flexible working hours
• Remote working available