Kani is a rapidly growing organisation that specialises in Payments Reconciliation and Reporting. Kani was recognised as Europe’s Leading Financial Services Start-up (awarded by the Emerging Payments Association) and one of the top 20 new technology companies in the UK according to TechNation. Founded in 2018, Kani provides Software as a Service (SaaS) technology to the Financial Technology (FinTech) and Payments industries - working with growing FinTechs, Payment companies, Banks and Electronic Money Institutions. We have built a platform that simplifies the complex back-office, manual processes needed to manage complex payments data. We are a fast-growing team with clients in five continents, with an expanding global client base. We are dedicated to delivering innovative solutions and exceptional service to our clients. Our team thrives on collaboration, creative problem-solving, and pushing the boundaries of our industry. To help maintain the efficiency and effectiveness of our projects, we are seeking a highly skilled and experienced Senior BI Developer to join our dynamic team. This is an exciting opportunity to work with our clients on many challenging reporting initiatives.
Senior BI Developer
As a Senior BI Developer, you will be responsible for designing, developing, and maintaining our company’s business intelligence solutions using software such as Looker and Snowflake. You will work closely with cross-functional teams, including developers, data scientists, product managers, implementation teams and business stakeholders, to understand data requirements and drive the implementation of robust data integration solutions.
- Design, develop, and maintain our company’s business intelligence solutions, ensuring our reporting is accurate and provides clear data insights.
- Create and maintain LookML models, explores, and dashboards in Looker.
- Manage a team of BI Analysts, ensuring the team works effectively, and building team capability through role modelling, mentoring and coaching.
- Provide stakeholder input to our data integration strategy, including suggesting process improvements and new technologies which can benefit Kani and our customers.
- Ensure compliance with data governance policies, data privacy regulations, and industry standards throughout the data integration process.
- Establish data quality control mechanisms, including data validation, cleansing, and enrichment procedures, to maintain high data accuracy and reliability.
- Ensure documentation is created and maintained in relation to data integration processes, data mappings, and data lineage.
- Collaborate with Data Integration and Data Science teams on strategy, standards and guidelines aligned with the company’s objectives and industry best practices.
- Identify opportunities for automation and streamline analytics to enhance operational efficiency and facilitate self-service by our clients.
- Relevant qualifications in Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related field.
- Proven experience managing and leading a team of BI Analysts.
- Experience of working with cloud based BI tools such as data visualisation tools such as Looker, Power BI, Tableau.
- Exposure to cloud technologies and principles (AWS/Azure) of designing and developing data solutions on public cloud – AWS/Azure.
- Proficiency in programming languages commonly used for data integration and data analysis, such as Python, R, Java and SQL.
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams and stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to work on multiple projects and priorities in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Strong analytical skills and problem-solving abilities.
- Experience working in the fintech/payments or financial services industry would be a plus.
Salary and Benefits:
- Competitive salary, in line with experience
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays (plus an extra day on your birthday each year)
- Access to health insurance scheme after probation period
- Remote / Hybrid working available
- City centre office location to use as desired
- An entrepreneurial, can-do team and culture